BPD23- Things That Could Have Been

Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello. My name is Brittney and I am the author of the blog Daughter of the King .  I have a love for my savior, a passion for writing, and I'm a expert bookworm. I want to thank Khloe for giving me the opportunity to post on here! I'm so honored. 




                                                   Things that could have been


Life flies by. Moments are spent and gone. And you look back and wish you had them back. 

Sometimes I look at my past and look at opportunities I missed. This year my dad's taking a missions trip to Brazil and I really wanted to go but I was not able to earn the funds...it was a disappointment. I think of all the wonderful things that could have happened...We all have disappointments in life. We always miss out on some awesome thing we were looking forward too. Maybe you look at other people and wish that you could do what they did-have what they have. But my dear friends-We can not change the past and we can not predict the future.

"Do not ponder on things that could have been but live in today. Live now. Live for a better future"  

Don't live in the past. Don't constantly think about all the things you've missed out on in life. Just enjoy now. And strive to make a better tomorrow. Too many people live their lives living in the past that they don't see the opportunities that tomorrow might bring.
Be optimistic. Look for joy in life. Don't wish and dream. But do. Make those things you've always dreamed of reality.

We can't change our past but we can surely do something about our future.  

God's got a plan for each of us. But we must look to him and not our past. We got to keep our eyes focused on today. 


"There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live."

1 comment :

  1. Dear Brittney,

    I love how you wrote this post and I am agree with you. We do not need to regret our past, it is there and should stay for forever, but we have to move ahead and live how you said: " ...live in today. Live now. Live for a better future."

    All my best and stay happy today and always :)
    Much love,
    Liuba xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments, but as your mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!";)